Permanent laser hair removal
Painless, effective and without risk of burning : Alma Soprano Ice Platinum laser
With 10 years of proven clinical efficacy, the SOPRANO Ice Platinum laser is perfect for all skin types. This one is absolutely painless, effective and without risk of burning. Its qualities are based on an innovation allowing to combine the 3 reference wavelengths in depilation as well as a patented mode of operation:
1) The first wavelength is called “Alexandrite” type. It is 755nm. The principle of action is called selective thermolysis. This wavelength is the most superficial but also the most specific. It is not very painful, effective, and ideal for targeting the lightest and finest hairs (face: upper lip, eyebrows, cheeks, …)
- The hair, the hair follicle and skin contains melanin that gives their colors. The wavelength of the laser hair removal “Alexandrite” is chosen to be absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicles. A sufficient amount of light must reach the target (also called “chromophore”). The laser light is absorbed by the melanin that will transform it into heat, heat that permanently destroys the hair follicle. The temperature must rise enough to damage the target but the warming of the surrounding skin tissue must be limited so as not to cause burn.
- However, with this type of laser, it is imperative for the hair to be darker than the skin otherwise the skin will be burned in its place. Indeed, if there is not much problem with white skin, melanin poor, the difficulty of colored skins is to increase the temperature enough of the hair and its root without raising too much the temperature of the melanin in the skin. Tanned or colored patients will therefore not benefit from these lasers.
2) The second wavelength is called “Diode Speed”. It is 810 nm. This is the most common wavelength for hair removal lasers. Its high average power, its high frequency of repetition and its broad beam of 2cm3 allow a hair treatment deeper than “Alexandrite”. This is the ideal wavelength to target the entire hair follicle with a targeted intensity at the bulb level. It is effective on superficial as well as deep hairs that are found on almost all parts of the body.
3) Finally, the third wavelength is called “YAG”. It is 1064nm. It is characterized by a low rate of absorption by melanin, which makes it the perfect wavelength for darker skin but not only. It allows to penetrate deep within the hair follicle and target the bulb and the papilla, but also to depilate stubborn hairs such as those of the skull, underarms or pubic area.
It is important not to mix the laser technology with the so called Flash lamps (effective but without any durability, and above all not to be used on colored skins) used in beauty salons.
Our acts and their prices :
Other men acts on estimate
Beware, pregnancy, sunbathing, taking of Roaccutane and dermatological problems remain absolute cons-indications. These are the only.
Results : 90 to 95% of hairs destroyed after 5 to 8 sessions
- Modern laser hair removal gives a result of 90 to 95% of hairs destroyed at the end of the standard treatment consisting of 5 to 8 sessions. At each session, only 15% of the hairs are destroyed: it is those who are in the growth phase. Others will grow back after a few weeks. It takes several sessions as well (on average 5-8) to reach the threshold of 90% / 95% of hair permanently destroyed. The time between the sessions depends on the body area, sex of the patient and are spaced progressively. On average 4 to 6 weeks early, then 8 to 10. This is due to the depilation becoming more and more sustainable.
- The final 5 to 10% who still repulsed will be thinner and thus less visible than before laser hair removal. They are the most difficult to remove even if it is quite possible to come to terms with some extra sessions. Moreover, it is important to keep in mind that hair removal laser can only destroy the existing hair, and not those to come… Normal hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy, menopause, etc.) occur in our life can lead to the birth of new hairs.
- A maintenance session is sometimes necessary after a year or two.
No standard can be validly used for men because testosterone that continuously stimulates hair growth; if immediate results are identical to those of a woman, the durability of the result may be less in case of overactive testosterone. Moreover, men goal is not necessarily to remove all the hairs, contrarily to most of the women.
A safe and painless treatment :
SOPRANO is always a painless laser, regardless of the patient and his skin type, due to its mode of operation described above.
Best practices before a session :
- Not be sun-tanned and, of course, not having received sunburn.
- No depilation at least 1 month before the session: only razor is authorized.
- Treatment by Zovirax© (or equivalent) in case of herpes.
Effects and best practices after a session :
Just after the session the skin is more or less red and a little swelling can appear at the root of each hair. These totally normal reactions are the proof of an effective hair removal. They last only a few hours (exceptionally few days) and are attenuated by applying Biafine©. On darker skins, pigmentation changes (hypo or hyper-pigmentation) can sometimes arise: it always disappears after a few weeks.
- Make up is authorized.
- Treat softly the lasered zone during the next 2 days. Avoid irritating the skin with an exfoliating cream. Instead, use a mild soap without perfume and water.
- Apply a sun protection cream during the following 2 weeks.
- Do not wax yourself during the time of the laser treatment. Only use a razor.